Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Reform in the Blogosphere!

All is vanity! Vanity of Vanities! After travelling to and fro in the blogosphere, I see a great need for reform and revival. Any great movement will eventually become staid and empty. Therefore, there is a great need for a Blog-Prophet to preach repentance unto good blogging. I AM THAT Blog-Prophet!!

Thou shalt no longer post inane and meaningless comments on someone's blog for the sole purpose of drawing people unto thine own blog. This is deception. And it is pretty obvious most of the time. Be honest and send a mass advertising email to let people know about your new post or blog. (Blog-Prophet has confessed and repented of this abomination)

Thou shalt refrain from insipid and vacuous posts that resemble Wednesday night Devo fodder. Boring and repetitive posts on Biblical topics rehashing Lucado or some 5 minute devo. This also includes adding your two cents on your own blog after reading someone else's post on a topic wherein you neither add anything to the discussion nor teach nor encourage, but only say how you feel about potato chips or Matthew 16. As the good book sayeth, "if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all."

Thou shalt refrain from using the word "emergent" on thy blog for at least a week.

Thou shalt cease from over-blogging and mixed-blogging. Both of which involves posting a deep theological thought on Monday followed by a discussion on Seinfeld or 80's music on Wednesday and then a picture of your child on Saturday. Make up your mind! (BTW-does anyone know what to do about a Lady Bug infestation?)

Thou shalt never use fancy words like vacous and staid to sound intellectual and impress strangers who readest thy blog.

Thou shalt leave the blogosphere at least long enough to prepare one decent sermon or spend time with thine offspring.

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, he who posts comments as "anonymous" shall NOT enter the kingdom of Heaven!

THE BLOG-PROPHET HATH SPOKEN!


(Best if read with the silly Monty Python voice)

6 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I repenteth in sackcloth and ashes. Mayst though pray for me with earnest that the Lord will forgive my transgression in the blogosphere.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Paula Harrington said...

HAHHAHAHH AHAHA Deep Breath Hahah ahahhaha

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

See I thought it was Thumper's mom that said if your can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all....

But I do like the Blog Prophets use of the King James venacular...it giveth forth the illusion of intelligence....

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the self-proclaimed Blog-Prophet:
“…when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him. (Deuteronomy 18:22)

Interesting and humorous post. I am poor impressed of your repenting than anything else. Since you repented I will forgive you of your silly comments regarding my serious thoughts. I did notice your disdain for the words emergent, staid and vacuous, however you used the word fodder. What is up with that?! Once again I will forgive.

By the way, I once had a deep theological comment concerning your post, but I lost that thought while watching Seinfeld, specifically Kramer. I am sure we went to school with someone like him.

I am not sure if my post on my own blog, which is http://chris.preacherspen.org, make any sense of not, but I like yours. Maybe I will write a post on mine, http://chris.preacherspen.org, regarding yours and rehash some of your thoughts. That might drive traffic form my site, http://chris.preacherspen.org, to your site.

Anyway, I must procrastinate my sermon by reading other blogs for sermon material.

God bless!

Anonymous!


(PS – Best read in a Ben Stein voice.)

(PSS – Great post and thoughts! My Monty Python voice was not working well, so it did not sound right.)

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

We might need to form a Blogger Anonymous.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger preacherman said...

Did you just say, "Blessed are the cheese makers?"

Or

Oh, and any blogger that mentions the name God will be stoned. (both best read in silly monty python voice)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com